Repurposing existing assets to improve cities and communities.
Live Webinar with Urban Strategist and Reprogramming the City Founder Scott Burnham.
Drawing on a decade of hands-on work, engagements, and global research, Scott Burnham will show participants how to unlock hidden potential and utilize extra abilities contained in existing urban assets to make cities more livable, resourceful, and resilient.
Based on keynote talks and workshops he has delivered to some of the world’s leading architecture and design centers, this will be the first time this presentation is being made available to the general public.
During the 60-minute webinar, participants will learn how to:
- Identify and discover the untapped potential of existing urban assets.
- Leverage new opportunities to improve life in the city.
- Transform the limited resources of the urban landscape into platforms of possibilities.
The live webinar will take place at 11.00 – 12.00 EST (16.00 GMT) September 26, 2019. Includes a 15-minute Q&A session.
Registration Fee is $40
Registered participants will receive a copy of the Reprogramming the City book. More details below.
Registered webinar participants will receive:
- A copy of the book Reprogramming the City: Doing More with What We Have, a 214-page collection of 44 of the most innovative adaptive reuse projects of existing urban assets from 17 countries. ($19.95 value)
- Exclusive content from the forthcoming How to Reprogram the City Toolkit, a self-guided workbook for people to discover, unlock, and utilize the hidden potential contained in their city.
About Scott Burnham, FRSA
Reprogramming the City Founder Scott Burnham, FRSA is an urban strategist who has engineered initiatives in more than a dozen cities worldwide. He has curated more than 30 exhibitions in 8 countries exploring resourceful solutions for design and cities and has addressed numerous international agencies, including The World Bank, The Urban Development Congress, and the MIPIM Global Mayor’s Think Tank. In recognition of his work, he was made a Fellow of the Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce (RSA), London.
“Even if Scott Burnham has a couple of hard drives full of ideas, as soon as you let him out into the city he comes back with new ideas about how it can be better.”Kerstin Brunet, Director, Swedish Centre for Architecture and Design, Stockholm
Terms and Conditions
Participants will be sent a copy of the Reprogramming the City book following paid registration. US participants will receive a physical copy of the book; international participants will be sent a link to download a high quality PDF.